Self Adhesive Engine, Oil, Block Pre-Heating Pad
These external heating pads feature an improved lamination process for durability. The are excellent for pre-heating oil pans, tanks and automatic transmission pan. Available in a hook/spring attachment style or self adhesive design. They feature an etched foil design which distributes heat evenly through the contact area. The superior grade silicone outer shell resists oil and dirt.
Installing Self-Adhesive Heating Pads
The Self-Adhesive Heating Pads are convenient to use on dry sump tanks or oil pans to pre-heat oil prior to racing. A few installation tips will insure maximum heat transfer and years of dependable service.
1) Mark the location that the pad will be applied to, and prepare the surface so it's free from paint, grease, oil and large dents.
2) Before applying the pad, decide where you want the power cord to go. Remove the protective backing from the pad and avoid touching the adhesive surface.
3) Begin with the side opposite the power cord, applying pressure with your hand while forming it to the surface. Press the pad into any surface impressions as you go. If wrinkles occur, press them out as flat as possible.
4) Apply a high-temperature silicone sealant/adhesive around the entire perimeter of the pad.
5) Allow the sealant/adhesive to cure per manufactures instructions before using the heater.
6) Circulating oil through the system while using the heater speeds the heating process.